New UK Visa Information for Travellers
Travelling to London from international destinations can sometimes be a long, arduous process when it comes to the paperwork involved in visa applications. Here at Check-in-London, we like to help our customers as much as possible in this process by not only providing high quality London serviced apartments but also keeping them informed of any changes to Visa applications for travelling to the UK. Wherever you are travelling from it is important to be fully informed of the visa requirements before your journey.
Here we have outlined the newest changes brought in recently regarding UK Visas and travelling to the UK.
Electronic Visa Waiver
What you need to know:
- An EVW can be completed up to 3 months before the travel date and must be completed at least 48 hours before departure to the UK
- If you change your travel plans you must complete a new EVW form. If your carrier changes your flight, you should contact them
- Each traveller must present a paper copy of their EVW (in addition to their passport) at the departure port (air, sea or train) and again on arrival in the UK.
- Details on both documents (EVW and passport) must match exactly and must refer exactly to the journey being made.
- Each EVW document is only valid for a single entry to the UK.
(Details taken from the UK Government Website)
UK Visa Payment by Credit Cards
From the 16th December 2013, the UK government has directed that anyone applying for a UK Visa from a specified 28 countries must do so online and with an internationally recognised credit card such as Visa or Mastercard. This change has already been made to include more than 90 countries and has caused some controversy in countries such as Ghana who do not have internationally recognised credit cards in general usage among the Ghanaian population.
List of Countries Affected by this New Change:Angola, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Kosovo, Lebanon, Malawi Mauritania, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Occupied Territories, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Sao Tome and Principe, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Thailand, Western Sahara, Vietnam, Zambia.
What you need to know:
- The UK government is no longer accepting cash payments for Visas and all Visa applications have to be carried out online and using an internationally recognised credit card such as Visa, Mastercard or Skrill.
- This change has already been made for over 90 countries and now includes the above 28 countries with a view to bringing all Visa applications and payment online.
(Details taken from 1st Contact Blog)